Source: Rack Centre triumphs at the Global Carrier Awards by Capacity Media
“Congratulations to all the nominees and to the very worthy winners of our 14th Global Carrier Awards. We congratulate Rack Centre on winning Best Data Centre Innovation, which underscores the high benchmark the company has achieved in the carrier space,” said Rosalind Irving, CEO of Capacity Media.
The judges said ‘’since launch, this carrier neutral data centre company has operated with 100% uptime. It has truly set the pace and raised the bar in its region.’’
Over the past 14 years, the Global Carrier Awards has become the biggest and most prestigious awards event in the wholesale telecoms calendar. This year’s event was attended by more than 400 attendees. The awards were presented by Ben Saunders, World Record Breaking Polar Explorer and featured an evening of fine dining and entertainment while celebrating the highs in the global wholesale industry.
Capacity Editor-in-Chief and head judge for the awards, Jason McGee-Abe, thanked all of the entrants for their record 246 submissions, congratulating the winners and the industry on their achievements. “We’ve seen a number of key innovations and developments in the wholesale market this year, so it was great to take the time to celebrate the exciting companies, projects and partnerships in today’s dynamic wholesale carrier industry,” McGee-Abe added.
On the Global Carrier Awards Judging Panel were:
- Nan Chen,President, MEF
- Mike Conradi, Partner, DLA Piper LLP
- Lauren Cook, Executive Adviser to the TMT industry
- Stephanie Liston, Founder and Director, Women in Telecoms and Technology
- Guy Matthews, Journalist, Technology & Business Sectors
- Tim Passingham, Founder and Chairman, Cambridge Management Consulting
- Daniel Preiskel, C0-founder, Preiskel & Co LLP
- Julian Rawle, Principal, Julian Rawle Consulting
- Michelle Senecal de Fonseca, Area Vice President/GM, Citrix Systems
- Richard Steenbergen, Founder and CEO, Petabit Scale
- John Wilkinson, CEO, TMT Analysis
- Peter Zanatta, Freelance Consultant, Telecoms & IOT Infrastructure sector
- Natalie Bannerman, Reporter, Capacity Media
- Alan Burkitt-Gray, Editor-at-Large, Capacity Media
- Jason McGee-Abe, Editor-in-Chief
- James Pearce, Deputy Editor, Capacity Media
About Capacity Media
Founded in 2000 Capacity Media is an essential source of news and events in today’s telecommunications wholesale carrier and service provider marketplace and focuses on the critical business issues that carriers face in the rapidly changing telecoms market.
Through its portfolio of Capacity magazine and 24 large scale global events including Capacity Europe, International Telecoms Week (ITW), the Global Carrier Awards as well as networking receptions, carrier directories and an online news source, Capacity Media has become a vital source of business intelligence for the global carrier industry.
About Rack Centre
Rack Centre has a carrier-dense ecosystem of 27 carriers, ISPs with access to all five undersea cables serving the Atlantic coast of Africa, directly connected every country on the Atlantic coast of Africa; the most connected Tier 3 in Africa. A truly compelling ‘edge data centre’ well placed to connect Africa with great geophysical location globally.
Its comprehensive cloud ecosystem includes Microsoft, Oracle, IBM and others. Rack Centre has operated with 100% uptime since launch and was the first carrier-neutral data centre company to achieve Tier 3 design certification from the Uptime Institute in May 2014.